Monday, January 31, 2011

A Weekend of Cake: pt.2

Facebook is dangerous. A stressed out "IHAVETOOMUCHCAKEBATTER" status cry can lead to all sorts of suggestions of what to do with said batter. And I'm really not one to give up challenges. Hence why what could have been a second lego brick cake morphing into the second installment of my Weekend of Cake - a typewriter cake for my friend Aimee, who also had a birthday this weekend.

This was actually incredibly fun to make. I baked the remainder of the batter (which had been colour gelled yellow with intention of being a lego piece) in a shallow rectangle cake tin, then did some creative cutting and iced it all together. Bang on some skittles and licorice along with some coloured fondant and BAM. Typewriter cake.

Token photobooth shot before I run away for birthday festivities...

And a better quality photo of the cake itself...


xo CB



1 comment: