Monday, January 31, 2011

A Weekend of Cake: pt.1

I'm on a fondant rampage at the moment, and it's not entirely intentional.

Friday just gone was my friend Nemo's birthday, and there is little she loves more than lego. So much so that she even has a lego man tattoo on her leg! Perfect cake then? Lego brick cake!

This should have been so much easier than I made it. Cake baked in a rectangle loaf cake, plus 6 mini cupcakes for the lego knobs and then icing over the whole thing, right? In logic this would have worked.

Sadly I misread the recipe and ended up with twice as much cake batter as anticipated (never mind that, however, as this led on to A Weekend of Cake pt.2!) and, a little overwhelmed, I managed to break the cake when removing it from the pan and the blue buttercream I'd made just wasn't cutting it. Hence the last minute supermarket dash for fondant!

It may have turned into a bit of icing overload, but overall it was pretty delicious... Blue tooth inducing as it was.

So many hilarious photos followed, but keeping it work safe I'll just post this one. Let's just say Lego Dave enjoyed it too!


xo CB


No comments:

Post a Comment