Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sweet treats from my childhood


Last week I finally made it into The Yellow Brick Road and was SUPER excited to find this amazing book - Sweet Treats by Frankie Magazine.

Filled with well written, easy to follow recipes of old school sugary treats (including candy hearts, marshmallow cones, and honey joys...!) as well as being illustrated with beautiful photos and fabric prints to make me wish I was living in the 50s, I had to buy it. Not to mention it has the same name as my blog!

Since having a flick through I've taken it upon myself to make all 39 recipes by the year's end. With 49 weeks left I'm sure that will be more than doable, allowing for study/assignment breaks, laziness, and of course other exciting baking adventures.

This evening I got started by making two of the simpler recipes - Coconut Ice and Chocolate Crackles. Both of these scream childhood to me, and eating them (a girl has to taste test, after all...) reminded me of school galas and pony rides.

Sugary sweet!


Coconut ice

Chocolate Crackles

Can't wait for my next trip down memory lane!

x CB






No comments:

Post a Comment