Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Tarte à la citrouille

The past 3 weeks I have been living on the couch of some of the nicest, most genuine people I've ever met.

Arriving in a city where you know no-one can be a challenge at the best of times. Throw in an elaborate Craigslist housing scam, a language you don't speak being prerequisite to most employment opportunities, and just enough adventures and new friends to make you addicted to the place, and it can be damn near impossible.

It's been a tough month. But I'm pleased to inform not only do I now have a house and a job, but a circle of friends I know I'll keep even when oceans get in the way again.

This weekend is Thanksgiving in Canada. A concept as foreign as I am, and an excuse to bake as many Fall related items as humanly possible. The first? Pumpkin pie with candied walnuts and maple whipped cream.


For Jade, Jenn, Hailey, Matt, and all the people - both here and across continents - who are making Montreal a home away from others.

xCB

No comments:

Post a Comment