Friday, February 4, 2011

Sweet treats recipe: Shuku Shuku

I have to say when I first read the recipe for these sweet Nigerian cookies I was a little skeptical. Consisting of only caster sugar, egg yolk and desiccated coconut (plus flour and icing sugar for rolling) they didn't sound like anything too special.

I was pleasantly mistaken!
These little gems are super tasty, a little chewy, and SO easy to make. Simply mix 60 grams of caster sugar, 3 egg yolks and 80 grams of desiccated coconut into a firm dough-like consistency, work into marble sized balls, roll in a little self raising flour and bake on greaseproof paper for 10-15 minutes until golden. Once they've cooled you roll them again, this time in icing sugar.

And the very best thing? They take about 25 minutes to bake all up, and I only made 3 dishes the entire time. Going to have to remember these ones...



xCB

2 comments:

  1. YUMMMM! These look great. I think I might give them a go. Thanks for the link to the shop with the sweet treats post. Very 'sweet' of you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I ever thanked you for these but they were fucking DELICIOUS. THANK YOU!!!!!! I practically inhaled them!

    ReplyDelete